Oilfield Equipment Maintenance
The equipment should be maintained in a cost effective manner, such that there is no deterioration of that equipment with respect to time.
In order to meet the requirements of the above statement, the following objectives must be achieved:
1. Preserve the asset value of the equipment by Programmed Maintenance, designed to minimise wear and deterioration.
2. Minimise downtime of Rig, Equipment and Machinery due to breakdown or malfunction.
3. To wherever possible, improve the performance, operability of the Rig and Equipment.
4. Develop and supervise a Programmed Maintenance System, ensure its proper implementation, frequently audit progress and use, and prepare reports of findings.
5. Meet the requirements of operations in the event of a breakdown or failure, and to recommend such steps as will prevent reoccurrence.\